The History of Our Church
The Sylvan Lake Apsotolic Lutheran congregation first came together in the early 1900s, as a group of mostly Scandinavian immigrants from various districts in and around Sylvan Lake. They first met in the homes of the congregants and as numbers increased, held church services in various spaces in the town of Sylvan Lake through the 1950s. The Marianne School building was purchased in 1958 with renovations being made over the years to upgrade and add to the space as well as the function of the structure.
To read more about our history, visit the ALC Federation site.